Saturday, June 18, 2011

Feeling HOT-HOT-HOT!

Hats off to both the shoppers and the vendors of the Old Red Lumberyard - it was so dang hot!  Despite the soaring temps, there were more vendors set-up than ever before.  This sale has tripled in size since I first discovered it!
The City doesn't allow the pop-up style tents so everyone uses these market umbrellas which I think just adds to the charm.
Here is a shot of our space - we got so many comments on our blue beach umbrellas!
We will not have this space next month.  These spaces are taken by permanent vendors and they can leave their merchandise in the storage area after the sale - major perk.  Many of the vendors go all out and really make their space feel like a shop.  If you haven't made it out yet it's a must see!  Also, there is a great new shop across the street called Fringe that is only open in conjunction with the Old Red Lumberyard sale. 
Stay tuned for details on the July sale!

6 comments:

Lori said...

No pop up tents! That is inhumane. Loved it and I will come again! And I won't leave till I find you!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

One day I'm going to make it to this sale. Hope it was a good one despite the heat. Happy Sunday, T

Vintage and Company said...

Oh, sorry it was so hot! It's definetly the word of the day! Hope you sold alot!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi there fellow Texan! I'm declaring you my new best friend after reading your post about Aidan Gray's ottoman. I seriously must have one or two or three! So glad to find you via Laurie Anna's. I have to get up there and see all this fun I'm missing! Love your blog.
Have you seen any rain yet? We're hoping for some tomorrow.
~Tina

Unknown said...

I love this place and so wanted to come...just fell on a bad weekend for me this month. See you guys in July...hopefully!
Denis

Ironstone and Pine said...

wish i could've been there, i see lots i like in your booth!!