Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hi Ho Silver!

If you've been following my blog for awhile you know I've been collecting great, tarnished and time-worn pieces of silverplate.  I needed a good way to display my treasures and my china cabinet was hiding most of it.
I got this great little barley twist tea cart from a vendor that was closing out his space.  It was painted white - and I mean like 5 coats of thick white paint.  Since I thought completely sanding was more than I was up for, I decided to paint it.






The tea cart is tucked away in this inset corner of our dining room.






























I have one other display of my silver to share with you soon!

4 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Love the cart and of course all your silver!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for continuing to visit Marcy! I'm looking forward to a new post from you - your home is just so gorgeous.

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

Thanks for finding me at ACM in McKinney! It is good to "meet" you.

Anonymous said...

I am kind of smiling, wondering what your grandmother would have thought of your display of tarnished silver :)

Linda F.