Saturday, December 31, 2011

Let the Winter Projects begin!

Now that I am past Thanksgiving, shopping, wrapping, more shopping, more wrapping, family vacation, more shopping, more wrapping and Christmas...I'm so ready for some projects!  I don't think I had a paint brush in my hand for about 5 weeks! 

My projects tend to change a bit during the winter.  I do more small projects indoors.  Here are a couple that I completed once the Christmas tree and decorations were put back in the attic:

I got this cutting board from an Estate Sale and it had been lovingly used the perfect amount.  I added the French stencil and ribbon.  I'm planning to sell it, but I sure do like it.

I also FINALLY tried a coffee filter wreath.  I referred back to a couple of great tutorials and practiced on a small one.

The wreath forms that I had were the flat kind and I think a rounded one would work better.  I got my coffee filters at Dollar General - this is a very inexpensive project.  I plan to make more - I'd like to try a large one as well as one using the brown filters. 

Are y'all dying to get back to projects too?

1 comment:

Southern Junk Chic said...

Ha! I did the same project with the coffee filters and madea small one to start too - I wasn't sure how easy it would really be...but it was! I love mine. I used a round straw wreat from Michael's. Sounds like you had a wonderful road trip!