Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sometimes it's the little things...

...that make us the happiest! 

I'm a pretty organized person but you would never know it if you looked at my paint, craft and project supplies.  They are spread across two dressers, two closets, two bedrooms plus the garage.  I'm always having the hardest time finding things and it makes me crazy.  I'm not even close to getting everything in one, organized place but I did find something today that made a small dent.
 

















I spotted this little homemade bookshelf at Goodwill today (for $9.99).  I took one look and just knew my chalk paint cans would fit perfectly.  I painted it and stapled burlap to the back.  And just look how perfectly my paint cans fit - I can actually see every color - so wonderful!  I still have a huge goal to get fabrics, papers, stencils, etc. all in one place but this little bookshelf made my day!


4 comments:

Lori said...

You have quite the investment there. I use minwax too, better price!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Don't feel alone...my work area is a mess, but I did get it a tad bit better yesterday...hope I can keep it that way.

Blessings,
Linda

trash talk said...

Ain't it amazin' how the little things can make us so happy? Perfect fit!
Deb

The French Hutch said...

I think you found a deal on your little bookshelf. Perfect to keep and organize all your paint. I really think it looks great displayed. Great idea!
I'm so happy to meet you. You know I'm a souther girl too, so we already have a lot in common.
Have a great day.........

~Emily
The French Hutch