Monday, November 8, 2010

Something Old - Something New

A couple of weeks ago on a Friday I left work for my lunch hour.  I had a couple of errands to run but I saw a sign that said:  ESTATE SALE.  That equates to DETOUR in my brain and I changed directions.  It was a great sale.  The house was packed and you got that "frenzy" feeling like you had to rush thru because someone was about to pick up what you want.  Fortunately I picked this treasure up before anyone else did and it now has a prominent spot in our home - above the built-in entertainment center in the living room.

Gorgeous right?  I think it used to be a backplate on a sideboard or something.  It had three small dowel connectors that we cut off the bottom.

It is just the perfect size and see how well it matches the fireplace mantel and mirror.

I just love my new/old addition.  Hubby thought that wall was just perfect the way it was, but he is learning that it can be even more perfect : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was made to go there!

Linda F.