Friday, July 1, 2011

Another Table Re-Do

This is another great table that my mother-in-law gave me.  It was painted white when it came to me and was not in the greatest shape.  It was purchased from an auction with intentions of being repainted.  I just the love the details - especially those little spindles!













I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Chateau Grey.  I sanded and then used my homemade combo wax - regular Minwax paste wax mixed with Annie Sloan dark wax.  Those 4 blank rectangles (at 12, 3, 6 and 9 like a clock-face) were just calling out to me for something so I added the fleur dis lis.  I sanded those and wiped again with the combo wax (yes, I've officially named it that).
So...even though I adore this table, I'm a huge fan of the fleur dis lis, and it matches my home - I'm still selling it!

1 comment:

Amber and Brad said...

Like the Fleur de LIs accent! Love the Chateau Grey too! Beautiful color!

Love to have you stop by and share it on my Chalk Paint Linky Party

www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com