Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good to be home!

We just returned from several days in Steamboat Springs, Colorado for Son #2's baseball world series.  We had a wonderful trip - the boys did awesome in the tournament, perfect weather, beautiful scenery, fun activities and great meals.
This was taken on a hike at Fish Creek Falls.

Steamboat Springs is a very active community.  There are endless opportunities for outdoor activities - hiking, biking, rafting, fishing, etc.  There are hot springs, a rodeo and a Farmer's Market on Saturdays. 
This is what the ski slopes look like in the summer.
On the way home we drove through Winter Park and saw the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.
The spray off this waterfall was a treat after the long hike.
It's fun to travel, but I'm always so happy to see the roadside sign that says "Welcome to Texas"!
Taken from the moutain after riding the gondola up.















I love bluebonnets.  I love our State flag.  I love Texas and I'm happy to call it home!

3 comments:

Lori said...

even with 105 degree heat! You are a true Texan. Trips are fun, but I always love heading home too.

Vintage and Company said...

Colorado is just a eye picnic...I love to visit in the summer too! Glad you enjoyed the trip!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.