Friday, January 28, 2011

Variation on the book-page wreath

I wanted to make sort of a mini book-page wreath.  I made this up as I went along and didn't think to take pictures because I didn't know how it would turn out.

I found a small circular styrofoam piece at Hobby Lobby.  It didn't have a hole in the center and I decided to work with it that way.  I cut my book pages in half to accommodate the smaller size.  I folded my pages accordion style.  I used scissors with a patterned edge to cut the edges prior to gluing with the hot glue gun. 

I glued my pages down flat on the front side of the styrofoam - this left a small circle in the center that was uncovered.  I did one more row and folded a tab to glue along the edge.  I cut a small circle of cardboard and covered it with scrapbook paper to cover the center of the circle.  I then decided to add our initial using another scrapbook paper.  This would look great with a small chipboard letter covered in German glass glitter but I didn't have those supplies on hand.

I added some ribbon for hanging on the back using a couple of straight pins.  Here is the final product:




I like the way the edges look with the patterned scissor cut.  There are so many variations to try - you could add a little lace or fabric, maybe even a tiny bird's nest in the center?  I think I'll keep playing with this design.

So happy it's the weekend!

1 comment:

crystal said...

That is super cute. Love it!!!