Monday, May 2, 2011

Three-Quarter Bed

I've had this bed to paint for a client for quite awhile now.  Lack of time has kept me from working on it.  Besides that I wasn't sure how I wanted to complete it - I wasn't "feeling" any of my ideas, but then it came to me...

Here is how the bed looked upon delivery:
It must have been stored somehwere hot - like an attic or barn - because the top coat was peeling badly.









Here is a picture after lots of sanding and primer:
And here she is after a couple coats of paint and wipe-on poly:
The color is a bit deceiving in this photo - the inside design is painted a very light gray (double-click photo to enlarge).


I love how it turned out and think this bed could be the start to an absolutely gorgeous guest bedroom! I looked online and found a source for 3/4 mattresses.  And I think this wonderful bedding offered by Full Bloom Cottage would complete the look:

 













If you are anywhere near the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex visit my client's shop and you could take this beauty home with you!

Linking up to:

Photobucket
3 Meadow Lake Cottage

2 comments:

Debi B. said...

This is darling. You are really good at all of this.

Erin @ 3 Meadow Lake Cottage said...

What a charming transformation!! It looks really cute and I'm sure your client is super pleased with it :)
Thanks for linking it up to The AFTER Party @ 3 Meadow Lake Cottage!
Best,
Erin