Monday, September 17, 2012

Baseball & Tomball

We traveled to the Houston-area this weekend for our youngest son's baseball tournament.  The games were played near Tomball which I have never visited even though I used to work in Houston (about 12 years ago).  Tomball had several antique stores and there was time on Saturday afternoon to check them out.

I loved these metal chairs - they were not old, but perfect around a farm table.

A couple of cute shops one block off of Main St.
And now a first for my blog - sharing a photo that I took in a public restroom - don't worry it's clean!  This was taken at Harris County Smokehouse in Tomball.













The boys did awesome, making it to the Championship game on Sunday afternoon.  We were tired and grouchy this morning but it was a great weekend!

5 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Glad you had a great time and good game. I remember those days, traveling for baseball...

j2c2hap said...

I love the skinny girl sign... so true. So... did you buy anything or just browse?

Anonymous said...

The shops look great!! You never know what treasures you can find.

Kathy

trash talk said...

I love baseball, but never could get my kids to play in a league.
I also love the name "Tomball"...fun to say. Kinda fittin' for a baseball tournament to be held there!
Deb

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Looks like I'm going to have to put Tomball on my list of places to visit! I love the metal chairs too!