Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Early Signs of Fall

All over Blogland we are seeing signs of Fall.  Posts about Fall crafts, Fall mantles and the like.  Everyone seems to be giddy about the onset of Fall...everyone but me.  Don't get me wrong - I like pulling out my sweaters, burning Fall-scented candles and baking Fall treats.  But, I hate the shorter days.  I know it's been triple-digit crazy heat in Texas and many other states too, but I can handle it when the trade-off is daylight until 9:00pm.  So, I want summer to linger a little longer...

Mom's Hydrangeas




6 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

I am with you. I love the changing seasons and fall is great but I instantly get sleepy when the sun goes down, and it's depressing when I go to bed at 8pm! I also don't think people should start pulling their fall decor until its fall, because they get sick of it too soon and put up their Christmas things in the fall. Let's live in the moment people. ; ) love the flowers. Bet they will look Great dried as fall decorations. Lol

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I'm right there with ya...I so LOVE our long summer days!!

Blessings,
Linda

Vintage and Company said...

I know! School started today and my girl is a 3rd grader...kinda happy and sad all at the same time!

PS. I'm waiting to see pictures of all your finds or at least your fav's!

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

I love my long daylight hours too!
I get so much more done in a day
when the sun is shining.

farmhouse-story said...

i really don't like the shorter days, either, stephanie. enjoy your weekend:)

trash talk said...

I never like to wish away time, but when it comes to fall...I can hardly wait. I look good in oranges! lol
Deb