Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nantucket - Part 1

Hubby and I just returned from a wonderful stay on Nantucket!  Neither of us had ever been and it's been on our list for awhile now.  We flew into Boston and then flew Cape Air from Boston to Nantucket.  There is also a ferry you can take from Boston to Nantucket.  If tiny planes frighten you then you might want to stick with the ferry.  The Cape Air plane was an 8-passenger Cessna - tiny!  It is only about a 40-minute flight from Boston to Nantucket.  You fly fairly low and can really see all of the harbors, boats and islands. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lots of pictures with captions for the rest of this post - enjoy!
We stayed at The Sherburne Inn - an historic B&B.
 















 
 
 




This is how our breakfast was served each morning.



Straight Wharf is where the ferry comes in.

Nantucket had the most gorgeous hydrangeas I have ever seen!
















Stay tuned for Part 2!

5 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

i'll bet it was a wonderful trip...except i'd taken a ferry--that little plane would freak me out:)

j2c2hap said...

Are you ever home anymore??? Looks like fun ! B & B looked very cozy and romantic. Totally got flashbacks of that sitcom "Wings" when I rea this. Do you remember that show?

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I've been to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard and love them both! I'm glad you had such a great trip.

Vintage and Company said...

Sounds fabulous! I love those flowers, I know they are going to be at my house in heaven!

Carol said...

How lovely. I've been to Massachusetts three times for a girls' week of junking. We've made it to Martha's Vineyard twice, but still haven't made it to Nantucket. No little plane for me, you are so brave. How was the shopping? I can't wait to see your next post.

Smiles,

Carol