Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Love It or List It?

I love that show on HGTV - have you watched it?  Sometimes I feel that tug with items that I get ready to sell - with hopes that they will add charm to your homes.  Sometimes I fall in love with them and wonder if I should let them add charm to my own home.  Do you ever feel that tug?
 
My latest project is one such item and my desire to keep it took me by surprise.  I had a solid wood twin footboard that I decided to alter into a cute rack with hooks.  I painted it in Annie Sloan Old Ochre.  I distressed it and tried out several hooks and knobs that I had on hand.  I decided to use two darling hooks that feature French farm life and French sayings.  I am a sucker for all things French!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The hooks had a lot of grey so I decided to paint the center section of the footboard in Annie Sloan Paris Grey.  I felt something was missing so I went in search of something to jazz it up.  I found my paper placemat pad and came up with a plan.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used Mod Podge to apply the ends of the paper placement that I cut out.  I applied a custom-color glaze to the entire piece - right over the paper as well.  I attached the French hooks using furniture tacks and painted them in the Paris Grey.  I attached hanging hardware and when I stood back to take a look I loved it! 
 

3 comments:

j2c2hap said...

I love that show! Your new creation is awesome! Love it!

farmhouse-story said...

this would go great in a french styled entry, bath or hallway, stephanie! have a great day!

Vintage and Company said...

Very creative Stephanie!